Tuesday, August 03, 2004

California DMV

Today I had the privilege of taking my brother to the DMV so he can be one step closer to obtaining his license. My brother suprised me by missing only one question on the written test. The DMV is such a wretched place, and no one can get out of it. Well, maybe Brad Pitt, but I'm not sure. They probably have a special Bev Hills DMV that has private rooms or something.

Californian culture is such a driving culture. I love to drive and embrace this aspect of California. Traffic, on the other hand, is a horrible reflection of this driving culture that has yet to be avoided. It seems that most people favor the freedom of driving over avoiding traffic. Is this rational? Not too sure about that.

I will have to spend the next year without a car. Most likely, I will not know anyone with a car. This might be somewhat of a culture shock, but I am excited to delve into the world of public transportation. I hope Munich's public transportation doesn't disappoint me in inclimate weather.

No comments: